Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Poetry Post

 I've never seen myself as a poet but I wanted to improve my writing skills so I took a class in poetry and here is the first poem that I ended up liking from the course:


άλλος μισό 

(Translation: Other Half)

 

My soul yearns for you.

Every fiber in my being knows that our souls are linked

but finding you was only half of the journey.

 

That's when it comes rushing back,

the weight of it all burdens my heart.

 

I would overcome the Titans in search of Olympus if it meant just one moment for our souls to make peace.

However I cannot slay the Titans yet.

I must sit and watch as you smile for someone else.

 

Cerberus watches with me while your eyes tell a tale of us

but you pick up a different book.

 

Who am I to take away potential happiness from you?

 

You of all people are the last person that I want to hurt.

You brought spring to my endless winter

and memories that I will forever cherish.

 

Cerberus whines at your absence.

With him around, my emotions are on display for the worlds to witness

 

I don't need to ask the fates about our future-

I already know what's in store.

However I cannot keep watching as they surround the one person I adore.

 

Seeing your smile keeps me in place.

So, I sit here with my crown of thorns

and drown out the tortured screams of my soul. 

 

θα σε βρω...αγάπη μου


It wouldn't be my blog if I didn't add any images, so here are some to go along with the theme:







Note to Scalia (if you ever read this): feel free to tear this poem apart if you'd like. I know that my poetry still needs a lot of tlc.





No comments:

Post a Comment