Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I Want a Husband

My last post was an analysis on Judy Brady's "I Want a Wife" so this post will be my version of that piece, re-titled, "I Want a Husband."


One day, most people will find their ideal significant other and marry them. I, personally, want a husband. Image result for husband gif
Just like the stereotype, I want a husband whom is intelligent. He doesn't have to be Einstein, but as long as his level of intelligence is equal with my own or a little higher, I will be happy. I want a husband that is loving and respectful, for I will be the same. I do not ask anything from my husband that I won't give to him. I want an equal partnership, one where we don't ask too much of one another. I want a husband who can hold a stable job and is able to support the family. He won't support the family by himself, but I want to make sure that we and our children live a comfortable lifestyle with no financial hardships. I want a husband who is athletic. I don't want him to be the strongest man on Earth, but I don't want a husband who cannot hold his own in a fight. This does NOT mean that I want him to fight people, I just want someone who can defend himself if something bad were to happen. You never know what will happen, so just in case, I want a strong husband. I don't want an aggressive husband, but I also do not want a husband that is too passive. I want a perfect mix of the two. The stereotypical man is aggressive and I am not into that kind of man at all. Aggressive men do not make good fathers, in my opinion. I want a husband who is good with children. A husband who will play princess with our daughter if she asks Image result for dad playing with daughter gif or a husband who will play superhero with our son if he asksImage result for dad playing with son gif.I want a husband who is open to his emotions.The stereotype where men cannot show their true feelings is not a stereotype that I believe in. I want a husband who will be comfortable with speaking about what's truly on his mind, even if it makes him cry. I feel like that makes him more of a man when he's open to his feelings. That being said, I cannot live with someone complaining every two seconds every single day, but if something is truly bothering him, I don't want my husband to bottle the feelings inside. If you bottle up your feelings, then you'll become depressed and once you go down that road, it's very hard to get off of it. I am not looking for the perfect husband, that doesn't exist. Image result for husband gif
I am looking for a husband that will be there for me, and love me unconditionally. That's what I plan to give him in return as well.

6 comments:

  1. Kayla I like how you used the topic o this blog but turned it to a more honest essay. I think Brady was a bit too sarcastic at some points and you did a good job bringing this essay back to Earth. I think to make it more similar to Brady's essay, you could've said "I want a husband who..." a few more times. That is how Brady starts almost every sentence.

    I tried a similar style in mine, I didn't want to be sarcastic because I didn't want a rude essay to be permanently on my blog for the world to see. I like and agree with all the topics you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla!!! I love you blogspot it the hontestly and realistic take that you had decided to take with this blog. Which it follow a very similar formart to the Judy Brady's "I want a wife" using that simliar anaphora with the repeated phase to the get the put across. But, the diction and the tone feel very different as it incorporates your voice within it. Even thought you have you standards for example you had stated "just like the stereotype, I want a husband whom is intelligent, he doesn't have to be Einstein." As you state something that you want from a husband but he's doesn't have to be the best at whatever, it was an interesting read and a very different take from the assigment as it was freshing to read. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayla! First of all, I thought your gifs were cute :) and second, I think Olivia and Brenda already said it but I'll say it again, you didn't mimic Brady's style in the sarcastic approach she took to it but instead you made it realistic of what you expect in a husband. I couldn't agree more on the things you mentioned you would want though. Especially the part where you said you would want him to be open with you, "I want a husband who will be comfortable with speaking about what's truly on his mind, even if it makes him cry." I wrote something similar to that because I feel like that's really important. Your partner should have complete trust in you and be comfortable enough to not be afraid to let out what he's been feeling, even if it means crying. Really nice blogpost, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has already been said but Brady used sarcasm. You used logically arguments and tried to prove your points to your audience. I like to call it damage control. Your specific mindset really took over with what Brady was thinking when she wrote "I Want a Wife". Don't be afraid to be a little rude. THAT'S THE POINT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are going to do this blog "right," then you would be writing about all of the stereotypes of women. For example, I want a husband who will go out and support me, so I can take care of all the important things in life, like my hair, my nails, and going out to Starbucks with my girlfriends. It takes a lot of effort and energy to look good for my husband when he gets home, so I am sure that he will not have any problems with this...

    ReplyDelete