Tuesday, April 4, 2017

A Paragraph on Nature

On this journey from school to the school's garden, Téa, Josiah, and I venture into the mangrove forest while Andrah, Brenda, Mackenzie, Hailey, and Francisco  stayed in the garden area where there is a small wall with a painting of hands cupping soil. Going into the mangrove forest, I have trees surrounding me and there's brush all over. It's almost as if this area has never been touched by the hand of man. Through the trees, I can see water and I can smell it along with the mud that is in it. It's not the most appealing smell; it was like I was near dirty water. I didn't go and investigate further because my attention was taken away from the smell by the sound of birds singing to one another. The songs were so beautiful that I wanted to see the source, so I walked out of the hole in between the trees and took the nine steps that gets me to the stones placed on the ground for the students to walk without getting their shoes dirty from the grass. In defeat from not finding the songbird, I sat on the cool stones in Indian style, soaking up the warmth of the sun which blanketed me from the breeze that was trying to catch me. Instead of getting me, the breeze danced with small strands of my fiery red hair. At the breeze pics up a little bit, I can hear the leaves rustling atop the trees and I look up to see the swaying trees that also seem to be dancing. From behind the trees, there is also a low rumble, my first thought as to what it could be is thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment